Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Paul Sr.

Is it wrong to admit that I love watching "American Chopper"? The premise of the show isn't that exciting -- a few guys building bikes while ripping each others throats out. Okay, after thinking about that, it is exciting. It's an awesome show! What male wouldn't like something like that? Anway, I'm reading through this article on Paul Sr., and a few things struck me as funny.
"For a guy who loves building motorcycles, collecting muscle cars and has a walrus mustache streaming across his face, you wouldn't think Paul Teutul Sr.'s favorite beverage would be club soda. But then again his favorite smell is glue."
Is it the best idea to mention that glue is your favourite smell? If sniffing glue was my pasttime, I probably wouldn't want to admit that in a nationally read magazine (website).

I actually had to stop reading this when I read the following --

Vanessa Juarez -- Is there anything you would like to see in your Christmas stocking—or in your driveway?

Paul Sr. -- You know, you're talking to the guy who's got it all. I'm a real hard guy to buy for. You know, what people buy me is socks. And that's because I don't wear underwear [laughs]. Mikey [his son] got me like 24 dozen pairs of socks last year.


Vannesa Juarez -- Why's that? Do your toes poke through that easily?

Paul Sr. -- Nah, because he's an idiot.

That was some funny stuff. You might not get it if you have never watched the show, so if you have the chance, it's on Discovery (here in Canada at least). Check it out.

I have to give credit to Vannesa Juarez. She actually asked some really good questions in this interview. She could have asked about Paul Sr.'s relationship with Paulie and Mikey, but she didn't. I think most interviewers would have, but if they had ever seen the show they would know that their whole relationship is documented right there on the screen. So props to Vanessa for the skillz.

No comments: