Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Mac Mini in Every Room?

Peter Burrows seems to think so. And, if I can say it one more time. A lot of us hope so. The digital age is stronger than ever, pushing forward through the nineties with vigor. Now comes the time for us to start integrating all of the technologies into our everyday lives. I know, we're lazy enough already, but who cares!

There is one thing throughout this article that intrigues me more than the rest. The Apple media entertainment centre.
"If ThinkSecret is right, we'll get a better view of Apple's plans come Macworld. They're reporting that Apple will announce a Mac mini designed to be a digital hub, and possibly a PVR to boot. Equipped with "Front Row" and an iPod dock, it certainly sounds promising to this potential customer."

A multi-purpose machine that's hooked up to my TV and does everything? It's almost too good to be true. Sure, it's nice having a DVD Player that plays DVDs, SVCDs, VCDs, DivX, XViD, and MP3-DVDs, but I need more! To be able to hook up my iPod to my TV and blast the tunes that way would be excellent. It would be even better if I had a video iPod, but that's yet to come (no, Karen doesn't know that...).

The innovations of the near future hold a lot of promise, and a lot of excitement.


No comments: