Monday, November 07, 2005

Twisted Corby

Corby from The Twisted Pickle took the time to stop by and leave a "thank ya" for mentioning his show on my blog. He probably just used the search feature on blogger.com and found all the sites that mention his show. And then, he probably cut and paste the same thing into any posts that mention his show... But! I respect that. Podcasters do their shows for free. They buy equipment, record inane or interesting things, and then they hope like crazy that someone will listen. There's no money in it. There's no glory in it.

So Corby stopped by. That's cool. He appreciates his listeners. If he didn't, that'd just suck. I think it's a little like famous Hollywood people. They're too famous to appreciate the people who made them that way. That's just not cool. I know a lot of people don't like The Bloodhound Gang, but from what I've read they always stay after their show to sign autographs, take pictures, and actually have conversations with their fans. Why? Because they wouldn't be making any money without the people who buy the albums and come to the shows and they respect that and want to it to continue.

The level of notoriety that Corby, and others like him get is minimal. Why would you do a podcast then? Hahahaha. I know if I wasn't getting something out of it I wouldn't. I wonder if each podcaster is getting something different out of their experience. It'd be interesting to know. Keith and the Girl do it because they want to be able to do it for money one day. If it's not on XM Radio then on KRock (sp?) radio in New York. Dawn and Drew have already started making money off of theirs because of Adam Curry. So... Why do the others do it? Tim Henson's just a freak and that's why he does it. I'm sure there are other reasons for him, I just don't know them. As for the others? 15 minutes of fame? The hope of 11 minutes of fame? Do they just like the thought of their voice being heard in a great empty internet? I guess I just don't know.

1 comment:

Jason said...

No problem Corby. I'll continue to mention your show, too. If I can even get one more person to listen, and that person tells one more person, and so on, then I'll be happy in knowing that I've done something instead of just being one of those people that does nothing.