Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blogshares

So, I've looked at blogshares before, but not really hard until last night. What a fun idea! You can buy and sell stock on any of the 5,000,000+ blogs that are in existence. I noticed the link on Jer's site before, but never really bothered to check it out in any great detail. After making my account the first thing I did was to claim my own blog. I want to be the owner of something that I created, don't I? For doing so, I received 1250 shares in my own blog. Cool!

I bought another 1,000 with part of the $500 they give you to start with, which instantly shot the price of my blog up, making my networth closer to $900 instead of the original $500.

So what do I do with the remainder of my money? Oh, I don't know, how about buy a little piece of headspacej? Oh, you bet. It's hostile takeover time (remember, this is all for fun and it's not real money and I can't actually steal Jer's blog from him. I know you knew that, I just thought I'd clarify). So, I own 2% of headspacej. I know... it's a long way off, but I'll get to that 51% I need. Jer, I noticed, only owns 20% of his own site, so he'll have to make some serious cash to buy a majority in his own site. I, on the other hand, own 45% of my own blog, but have $0 to buy any more shares. Time to start buying and selling to see if I can't make some money.
Isn't it fitting that I'm learning all about shares in my Accounting course? Maybe that's the whole reason for the sudden interest in the site when I could have done it the first time I was there. Anyway, if a game of "Let's see how much money I can make on a fake stock market" intrigues you, check it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're enjoying the site. Take it easy. ;-)

Jason said...

Thanks suburban wolf. I definitely am!