Friday, November 25, 2005

Pat Morita, 'Karate Kid's' Mr. Miyagi, dies

CNN
Actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, has died. He was 73.

Morita died Thursday at his home in Las Vegas of natural causes, said his wife of 12 years, Evelyn. She said in a statement that her husband, who first rose to fame with a role on "Happy Days," had "dedicated his entire life to acting and comedy."




I don't remember him from Happy Days, and I watched that show a lot. I have watched a few of those Karate Kid movies in the last year, and I have to say, he was definitely the best part of them. The cheeseball factor is now extremely high, but I remember in 1984 it was the coolest movie ever. I think even as a kid of 11 I liked Pat just as much as Ralph. I suppose he led a pretty good life and he was happy. So, that's good, isn't it?

No comments: