Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Movies: Goblet of Money

From VH1: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ended its first weekend with a bang.
"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" hit #1 on the box-office top 10, earning more than $101.4 million. That opening weekend beats the three previous "Potter" films and follows just behind "Spider-Man," "Revenge of the Sith" and "Shrek 2."
I saw this on the weekend. It was good. No, scratch that... It was really good. I think I've progressively liked each of these movies as they're released. I have watched the last ones over and over on DVD because I think they're just that good. I highly recommend this to anyone with even an inkling of curiousity. It's well worth it. --9/10

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Tannis and I saw it at the Paramount on Tuesday -- nearly every movie I've ever seen there has been shown to an almost empty house, which makes it a great choice. Maybe everyone had already seen it on the weekend, judging by those numbers.

I really enjoyed the movie. Maybe not 9/10, though, if only because the pacing has to be so incredibly fast to cram 800 pages of story into a couple of hours of film...but there was so much to like about it anyway.

Jason said...

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you've read the book. I think if I read any of the books I wouldn't have been as thrilled either. I'm sure there are a lot of things left out and some 'Hollywoodized' junk added in. I know I read The Lord of the Rings series (each book before the movie) and there was actually parts of the movies that really made me mad because they had bastardized it so much. I'm obviously not comparing the two, but it might just be the same thing.

I would say the best part of the movie had to have been Ron. Such a dork, yet you just feel for him. The worst part, for me, was Hermione. I can't stand her. Grow up already.