Tuesday, December 06, 2005

No Kong!

Ahhhh MAN! I really didn't want to hear this. Two reviews on King Kong, both of them say it's oustanding. Jami Bernard's article isn't much different than Jack Mathews... Both of them rave about the movie.
Jami Bernard:"King Kong" is also scary. And funny. It's everything people have ever wanted from the movies - action, romance, surprise, plus every monster menace you can buy for a budget north of $200 million. In addition to a roaring, snorting Kong, there's a stampede and deadly pileup of prehistoric dinosaurs, plus spiders and creepy-crawlies of every degree of bloodthirsty.In short, it's brilliant.
Jack Mathews:Its color, soundtrack and physical landscape are spectacular and its computer-assisted effects deliver a Kong so realistic you can smell his breath in the back row of the balcony.

Did you read that? Spectacular? Brilliant? NO! Now I really want to see it. Sure, critics can be wrong, but if everyone's saying it's brilliant, there's no getting away from seeing it. And what happened to me saying I was going to stop reading reviews, watching previews, or knowing absolutely anything about movies before I watch them? I don't want it to be ruined. And now, I suppose, it is. Grrrr...

Ads by AdGenta.com

 

Technorati Tags : , ,

No comments: