Sunday, November 13, 2005

Vespa Viva

"Not quite a bicycle, not quite a motorbike, the Vespa is utilitarian, stylish, fun, and cheeky. There's not much to it -- a seat, an engine, and a groovy splashguard -- but in its own unassuming way it leaves a filament of Italian culture in its wake whether it's ridden in Chicago, Brussels or Bognor."


These things are just too cool. I really want one. If you'd like a brief history and a bit of insight into how Vespa relates to our current culture check out this article.

I've seen a few of these around the Kelowna streets and mostly I just point and laugh. I think it's just to seem cool around the guys at work, though. I love the design of Vespas. They're sleek and sexy, if I can say that without sounding like Estrogen has taken over my body. As far as riding one, never mind that the geek in me screams for to be seated on some fine Italian leather (I'm sure it's vinyl), but the savings in gas in times like these would be great.

Can you imagine yourself cruising along, wind in your hair, on one of these?



Too cool!

No comments: