Thursday, November 03, 2005

Pearl Jam

Can you believe their still going after the last few albums? I know, who am I to say they've sucked in the last few years? Well, someone who was a hardcore fan from the beginning. I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure I bought Ten the week it came out. One thing about their latest ventures I really don't understand is releasing each concert they do as an album. What's with that? Even the most dedicated fan won't buy 100 of their albums every year. It's ridiculous. And then I noticed this article this morning. Why would a band that large fight to play a show in a town they really care nothing about? It's beyond me. Anyway, at the bottom is this quote:
Pearl Jam is presently finishing up work on its eighth studio album, which is expected early next year via J Records.

What can we expect from one of the original grunge bands? Some classic 'Jam? Some crap like Binaural, Yield, or No Code? Or could it possibly be some new sound they've come up with;something even slower to put you to sleep; something even worse than the last album. I'm hoping for what's behind door number one. It's a shame that they lost me at No Code. Vitalogy took me a while to get into, but eventually I did. And, of course, VS was revolutionary. The good ol' days, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK you want someone to post comments, post about Neil and PJ and you'll get a response from me. But right now I'm too damn busy it'll have to wait.
Nick

Jason said...

That's cool. You suck, we know, we'll live.

Anonymous said...

Ok stop bashing pearl jam, I know you haven't listened to the last few albums in enough depth to dismiss them. I was surprised when I saw there latest show, in September, that they didn't play one new song. Lots of covers but nothing new. I don't think I will see them again I can only hear the crowd sing back Betterman so many times.

Jason said...

She lies and says she's in love with him?

That's just too cool. It is not true that I didn't give the last few albums a chance, though. I did listen to No Code enough to know I didn't like it. I only listened to Yield and Binaural a few times, so I'm going to give you those. And Nick, you know you'll go see them if they come out with a new album and they hit Vancouver. You wouldn't be Nick if you didn't.