Saturday, July 30, 2005

Kung-Fu Hustle

I tried to watch this movie a while ago with little success. I couldn't get past the Axe Gang scene because it just seemed stupid to me. Rose kept telling me how good of a movie was but I just couldn't believe it after watching only the first five minutes. Well, it turns out if you can get past the first bit, Kung-Fu Hustle is actually quite entertaining. I'm going to have to say, though, it's a bit more like a Bugs Bunny cartoon than any other movie I've ever watched. That could be because of the chase scene, a total Road Runner and Coyote rip off. Cheez moments like the ending, but great lines throughout. I especially enjoyed the "Chi" line after one guy gets his head beat about 4 feet into the ground. Definately a great comedy and some excellent stylistic Kung-Fu thrown in to please. --7/10

No comments: