Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Actors and Singers

So I've been thinking a bit about Rob Zombie since my last post earlier today... My thought was: does every musical artist have to try their hand at movies, and must every actor/actress believe they can sing and put out an album? Maybe it's just me, but I'm sick of it. The only thing these people are succeeding in is flooding both markets with a bunch of junk. J-Lo is the first that comes to mind. I think Mrs. Lopez is a special case though. She can't act her way out of a box, so then she decides she should attempt a singing career? Or wait, was it the other way around? I forget. Either way, it's a mistake and she should have concentrated on her first profession, which was dance choreography. I know she has a gazillion fans, so she must be doing something right, but I just can't see it. Or maybe she stays in the spotlight after horrible albums and movies by just creating tabloid controversy. Who knows.

Others come to mind, mostly singers -> actors, Eminem / Mark Wahlberg / Beyonce / Britney Spears / Jessica Simpson / Mandy Moore (I actually think she's fairly good) / Madonna / Cher / Will Smith (like most of his films too, better than his music).

And then the other way actors -> singers, Lindsay Lohan / Hilary Duff / Jennifer Love Hewitt and I'm sure there are a ton I haven't thought of.

So the more I think about it, the more I realize that maybe it's a good thing that these people are converting; it gives me something to gripe about. I think the latest and worst one for me has to be Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke. Come on!!! She can sing. She's not as famous for it as she wants to be because she gets the wrong people to write her music for her, but her acting is attrocious. Have you seen an episode of Nick and Jessica? Or even that variety piece of crap they put out? Stop pretending you're something you're not, stick with the singing and keeping yourself in the gossip columns. Oh, wait a minute, it's Hollywood, that's part of her job.

No comments: