Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Devil's Rejects

So I had a chance to watch The Devil's Rejects today. I didn't get to see the first movie, House of 1000 Corpses, because it just didn't appeal to me in any way. Well, I thought I was going to see a horror movie today so I braced myself for some spine jarring scenes, but the movie turned out to be pretty mellow. I mean, I guess there was a lot of dead people and some violence, but nothing the average person wouldn't see watching a re-run of Ally McBeal (Calista always reminded me of a corpse <shudder>). Rob Zombie, known to me as the guy who only knows one tune and just keeps changing the BPM and re-releasing it as a new album every so often, did a very Tarantino-ish job of directing. Though the movie could have used a bit more of a lead-in for people like me who haven't seen the first, I suppose the story, by Zombie also, was fairly well written. Overall not bad, and probably pretty darn good if you're a fan of blood and guts. --6.5/10 Þ

No comments: