Saturday, October 08, 2005

ND revisited

So, Heather, I gave it one more try again today. I watched Napoleon Dynamite again. I figured that maybe with all these people telling me how hilarious it is, how it was one of their favourite movies, and how I was just not getting it, I better give it one more try. Now, I will say that whatever style of cinematography that is, it is different and stylistically it is refreshing from the normal glamourized Hollywood films we see. But... I don't get it. It wasn't funny. It was boring. I mean, I chuckled once when the old guy shot the cow in front of the schoolbus, but other than that... Boring. Nothing happens in the show. If I really wanted to watch 2 hours of nothing I'd have someone follow me around with a camera for a day, edit it a little, and watch it over and over and over and over and... You get the point. So, I'm going to just have to live with the fact that I don't get movies like ND or Lost in Translation. Ah well, I'll live.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jason, I appreciate your attempt at a second shot with ND. I realize it's not for everyone. I'm sorry that you had to waste your time a second time around.