Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Blogger 2.0

Blogger seems to have an upgrade available.  I read it somewhere this evening and thought that I'd give it a try.  More on that in a second.




Google on Monday took the wraps off a new version of its Blogger service, which adds a number of new features in an attempt to catch up to its rivals. On the list of additions are categorizing posts with labels, controlling who can read a blog, and modifying the design without editing HTML.


While it's in beta, only a limited number of Blogger users are being offered the ability to migrate their blog to the new service, although those interested can create a new account on the beta. Google hasn't said when it plans to officially launch the new version, but notes that it will be tied to the company's Google Accounts system.




I had to sign up, which annoyed me because I already have a blogger account, why do I want two?  Anyway, after fiddling around with it for a while I came to the realization that it's not near complete and shouldn't have been released to the public yet.


There are neat features, like the drag and drop layout feature, but even that is far from perfect.  I have a feeling it won't be fully functional, to most users preference, even after the 'final' version is done.


Some more links:


Business Wire
VNUNet
MacWorld
Pocket-lint


[betanews]


Tags: , , ,


No comments: